Happy and healthy employees are productive employees, who make effective decisions and serve your clients to the best of their capacity.
In the Huffington Post article Mindfulness, Meditation, Wellness and their Connection to Corporate America , Arianna Huffington talks about the growing scientific evidence that the wellness world and corporate world can and should be aligned. And when they are not, “there is a heavy price to pay for individuals and companies”.
Arianna goes on to say that what is good for individuals is also good for corporate bottom line.
This article also references important research on corporate wellness:
“business professors Michael Porter, Elizabeth Teisberg, and Scott Wallace wrote in the HBS Working Knowledge, studies show that U.S. employers spend 200 to 300 percent more for the indirect costs of health care — in the form of absenteeism, sick days, and lower productivity — than they do on actual health care payments. Their recommendation: that companies “mount an aggressive approach to wellness, prevention, screening and active management of chronic conditions.”
It’s clear to see that wellness programs make good business sense.
BIomat® and Preventative Wellness Strategies
The Biomat® can be used as part of your preventative wellness strategies as well as to support your employees with their recovery to return to work sooner.
Five ways the Biomat® can be used in the workplace:
1. Professional Biomat® or Mini Biomat® link to Mini Biomat® can be used in wellness or meditation rooms for quiet relaxation.
The Professional or Mini Biomat® are the perfect complement to quiet meditation rooms. Businesses that are aware of the costs of stress are creating meditation rooms to give employees an outlet to manage their stress. The Mini Biomat can help employees to reach a deeper state of relaxation quickly.
2. Mini Biomat® can be used on employee’s desk chair for temporary muscle pain relief, minor joint pain and stiffness.
The Mini Biomat® measures 17” x 33” and comes with a strap to attach it to an office chair. Employees can be enjoying wellness sessions while staying productive at their desk.
3. A Biomat® can be loaned to help employees recover from illness (when in alignment with doctor’s recommendations). The Professional Biomat® and Mini Biomat® both come with convenient hard shell travel cases, making them easy to loan out to employees.
4. A Mini Biomat® can be located in the staff room for people to relax and rejuvenate when on their break.
Having the Mini Biomat® in a common area like a staff room gives employees easy access to the warmth and soothing benefits of the Biomat® while still being included in the social aspects of the workplace.
The cotton cover that comes with the Mini Biomat® keeps it clean, and an additional waterproof cover and protect the Mini Biomat® from any spills in the staff room.
5. An unused office could be transformed into a quiet room, where a Biomat® combined with a short 15 minute meditation/ relaxation visualization create a mini wellness retreat oasis for employees to escape to when they need a break. Using a short meditation CD will provide the perfect “timer” for an employee to get the break they need and still be productive for the rest of the day.
A Mini Biomat® can be used on a chair, or a Professional size Biomat® could be used on a daybed, massage table or bench, or you can even pilot using the Biomat® on a empty office floor. Just add a lamp and/or add a dimmer switch in the room and you’ll create a perfect peaceful environment to relax in.
The Biomat® is a Health Canada Class 2 Medical Device. It is also a US FDA 510 K Medical Device approved for:
1) Temporary relief of:
- Minor muscle pain
- Minor joint pain and stiffness
- Joint pain associated with arthritis
- Musle spasms / Minor sprains
- Minor strains / Minor muscular back pain
2) Relaxation of muscles
3) Temporary increase of local circulation where applied.
Imagine how much more productive your sales force will be if they are not tense with the pressure of the work day, but rather, able to relax and focus on their task or goals.
How much more effective decisions will your executive team make if they are not distracted by nagging pain, or muscle spasms, or sore tense muscles.
These are all common health issues that people try to work through, however, you cannot perform at your best with these subtle health distractions in the background.
Having a Biomat® in the workplace will help your employees feel appreciated, cared for, increase productivity and reduce their absenteeism, since you are providing resources for staying healthy.
If you would like to asses which model(s) of Biomat® would work best in your workplace, please feel free to contact Liv Healthy.