Safety Precautions for using the Biomat and Bio-Belt
It is recommended that you consult with your healthcare practitioner before using the Biomat or Bio-Belt . By following the safety precautions outlined below, you will be able to enjoy the Biomat or Bio-Belt in a safe manner for many years to come.
In particular Richway and Fuji Bio advises:
1. The Biomat or Bio-Belt should not be used by infants and young children. The Biomat or Bio-Belt is not indicated for the elderly. The elderly are advised to consult with a physician and/or their supervising medical practitioner(s) prior to use.
2. If you have the following conditions, do not use the Biomat or Bio-Belt:
- An organ transplants
- A high fever
- Cognitive disability
- Skin problems on the area of use
- An acute disease, acute tumour
- Visually impaired
- Any heart problems
3. If you have the following conditions, do not use the Biomat or Bio-Belt unless directed by a physician:
- An internal pacemaker/defibrillator
- Adrenal Suppression Disorders, Addison’s Disease, Adrenal Insufficiency, Systematic Lupus Erythematosus, and Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- Bypass surgery
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Pregnant or possibly pregnant/expecting
- Recently received radiation/chemotherapy
- Surgical or silicone implants
4. If you have the following conditions, use the Biomat or Bio-Belt with caution (no heat/negative ions only).
- A fever
- Joint injuries
- Insensitivity to heat
5. Do not use the Biomat or Bio-Belt if your skin is insensitive to temperature change.
6. FDA has not evaluated the Biomat or Bio-Belt for use while sleeping.
7. Do not run, stand, or place heavy objects on the Biomat or Bio-Belt. This could damage the Biomat or Bio-Belt.
8. Keep the Biomat or Bio-Belt away from sharp objects. Do not allow anything to puncture the folds of the Biomat or Bio-Belt. This can damage the Biomat or Bio-Belt.
9. Do not pull on the power cord, controller or the connecting part of the controller and Biomat or Bio-Belt. This can damage the Biomat or Bio-Belt.
10. Inspect the power cord before using the product to make sure there is no damage to it. This should be done each time to stay safe.
11. Plug the Biomat or Bio-Belt into a dedicated outlet, it’s own electrical receptacle. Do not plug the Biomat or Bio-Belt into a power strip with other devices. Problems may occur.
12. Do not alter, change or disassemble the product. (Note: this also voids your warranty)
13. Do not use the Biomat or Bio-Belt for any purpose other than heat therapy.
14. Do not drop, throw, or mishandle the Biomat or Bio-Belt controller. It is durable, but this can cause the controller to malfunction.
15. Stop using the Biomat or Bio-Belt if it is not functioning properly. (Suggestion: Check to make sure the cord is plugged into the Biomat or Bio-Belt to see if this is the reason why it is not functioning properly.)
16. If there is a power outage, turn off the power and disconnect the plug. This will help protect from potential power surges until power is restored.
17. If using the Biomat or Bio-Belt for a long period of time at a temperature between 104 F- 158 F or 40 C – 70 C, be sure to check your skin to make sure there are no burns or blisters as low temperature burns can occur. Use with caution. Stop using the Biomat or Bio-Belt if burns or blisters occur and consult your doctor for treatment.
18. When the Biomat or Bio-Belt is not in use, unplug it and store it in a dry area without humidity. Ideally use the case you received to store it.
19. Always unplug the Biomat or Bio-Belt before cleaning it. Use a vacuum to remove the dust on the Biomat or Bio-Belt’s surface and use a soft dry fabric to wipe the controller. Do not use water or other cleaners to clean the Biomat or Bio-Belt. The cotton cover can be washed in the washing machine or by hand.
20. If you do not feel well because of the Biomat or Bio-Belt, stop using it and consult with a physician.
21. Any person who is sick or pregnant/expectant should consult with a physician before using the Biomat or Bio-Belt.
22. If you have an external pacemaker, do not use the Biomat or Bio-Belt.