What is a BioBelt™?
Richway’s gemstone BioBeltTM is a deep penetrating heating pad with a built in belt to allow you to easily wrap it around your waist, soothing lower back pain. It is easily adjustable to get the perfect fit and keep the BiobeltTM snuggly in place, bringing you relief with deep heat. It is comfortable and easy to wear while you sit and relax, or even while you are busy working at your desk!
It is the perfect size to target any area where you want to apply heat for pain relief or to increase circulation.
Naturally Enhanced by Mother Nature
Gemstones have been used for their therapeutic effects for thousands of years. The use of gemstones is not a New Age healing method; far from it. Documents have been found in Asia and the Middle East describing their medicinal uses. With its use steeped in tradition, only in recent times has science recognized the power that these stones can harness. Crystals have been associated with the generation, transmission and storage of energy. Our watches, computers, lasers and televisions all use them. We have carefully selected the most effective semi-precious stones to enhance the power of the Bio-belt™. The far infrared energy generated from these stones will gently penetrate your body providing warmth and comfort.
The Bio-belt™ produces far infrared rays, which are invisible waves of heat that have the ability to permeate deep into the body. These rays gently raise the surface temperature of the body, which is believed to enhance body functions on multiple levels. There have been numerous studies identifying the benefits of far infrared. A study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology has found far infrared sauna therapy improves cardiac function and clinical symptoms in those with Chronic Heart Failure. The authors concluded that repeated treatment improved vascular endothelial function.(1)
Note: these studies apply to infrared energy, and were not performed using the Bio-belt™.
Far Infrared & Back Pain
A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was conducted at Rothbart Pain Management Clinic in Ontario to test the effectiveness of pain relief obtained by applying infrared energy to the lower backs of patients with chronic, intractable low back pain. The study demonstrated a 50% reduction in chronic back pain over six weeks.(2) When the Bio-belt™ is turned on, you will feel the gentle heat of the far infrared rays. This heat helps to relieve your body of its aches and pains.
Heat provides lower back pain relief by:
- Dilating the blood vessels of the muscles. This process increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, helping to heal the damaged tissue.
- Stimulating the sensory receptors in the skin, thereby decreasing the transmissions signals of pain to the brain and partially relieving the discomfort.
- Softening the muscles and tissues, thereby decreasing the stiffness and increasing the comfort.
The gemstones tourmaline and amethyst are known to emit negative ions. Negative ions are invisible, odorless molecules that we come into contact with in certain environments including evaporating water, ocean surf, and around waterfalls.
- Dimensions of Jewel Portion Only (Heated Portion)
- 18.11" x 8.26"
- Regular Size Dimensions
- 55.11" x 5"
- Extra Large (XL) Size Dimensions
- 62.99" x 5"
- Max Temperature
- 149°F / 65°C
- AC 120V (50/60Hz)
- Power Consumption
- Net Weight
- Regular 1.05 kg/ 2.31 lbs
XL 1.17 kg/ 2.57 lbs
Indications for Use
Temporary relief of:
- Minor muscle pain
- Minor joint pain and stiffness
- Joint pain associated with arthritis
- Muscle spasms / Minor sprains
- Minor strains / Minor muscular back pain
- Relaxation of muscles
- Temporary increase of local circulation where applied
Frequently Bought Together:
WARNING: Use carefully. May cause serious burns. Do not use over sensitive skin areas or in the presence of poor circulation. The unattended use of the Bio-belt by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous. Please see Safety Precautions.
(1) Kihara, T., et al., 2002, Repeated sauna treatment improves vascular endothelial and cardiac function in patients with chronic heart failure, J Am Coll of Cardiology, 39(March 6):754-759.
(2) George D Gale, MBBS FRCA FRCPC DAAPM, Peter J Rothbart, MD FRCPC, and Ye Li, Infrared therapy for chronic low back pain: A randomized, controlled trial, Pain Res Manag. 2006 Autumn; 11(3): 193°©196.